COURTS 1 THRU 4 HAVE REOPENED FOR THE SEASON. COURTS 5 THRU 8 TO FOLLOW SHORTLY.
COURTS RESERVED MAY 15TH FOR TOURNAMENT.
COURTS 1-4 8:30 TO 1:00. COURT 5-6 8:00 TO 11:30
Tennis Court Etiquette Rules
The following rules are posted on the sign in board between the two sets of courts.
- First of all, there is ABSOLUTELY no reserving of tennis courts ahead of time.
- Courts are available on a first come first serve basis.
- At least two people are required to use a court.
- Prior to entering the court, sign in on the board. If someone forgot, kindly remind to fill in a time.
- Please limit time to 1 and 1/2 hours when other players are waiting.
- Courts and lines must be swept after play.
- No Pets allowed on the courts
There are 8 Har-Tru (green artificial clay) tennis courts available to the public at no cost, on a first come/serve basis. No private lessons are allowed on the courts. The courts are located across from The Little Theatre and are maintained by The Friends of The Spa State Park. We ask that players limit their play to 1 and 1/2 hours when others are waiting, and sweep the courts when play is finished. Please be aware that the four new courts are watered automatically daily at 1 PM and will probably not be usable until 1:30/ 2 PM and the four old courts at 2 PM and not usable until 2:30/3 PM.
Our annual spring clean-up day is usually on the 2nd Saturday in April. We welcome volunteers to join us for an hour or two, help prepare the courts for the summer, and maybe have a hot dog off the grill. The fall clean-up day is usually the 2nd week in October, unless the weather permits us to extend the season.
We encourage those players who have enjoyed use of the current courts to consider a donation that will help maintain the current four courts plus the four additional courts. You can pick up a donation envelope at the courts (look for wooden box on the main gate), stop by the Administration Building, donate on our website or mail a check to 19 Roosevelt Drive, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866.